Role: Product Development Manager (PDM)
Role Category: Middle Management
Industry: IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area: IT Software – Application Programming, Maintenance
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time
Salary: Competitive with shareholding option
We want to hire someone who has mix of education, experience and application oriented yet strategic in thought, not to tell them what to do; instead let them tell us what we need to do to build a start-up company. We need a self-starter who will understand the business and figure out what IT architecture is required to build and work with internal and external team make things happen. You may come from small or big company with wealth of knowledge but interested in being among a start-up team and create the future of our company. You are considered as IT expert for the start-up team.
If you are interested to be part of a dynamic start-up that works towards creating value for its customers. We are looking for a Product Development Manager (PDM) with experience and expertise to lead end to end architecture, design, development, and implementation (online platform as an aggregator for specialty products that adds value to customers including robots) based on strategic priorities, industry experience, customer feedback, and analytics. The role is based out of Singapore. We prefer Singaporean or Permanent Resident. If the suitable candidate is not available locally then overseas candidate will be considered and relocated to Singapore.
- Take end-to-end ownership of the development, understand market requirements through marketing executive and supply chain head, define the content vision, create preliminary design concepts and shape overall technology and product/solution roadmap by collaborating with the founders and start-up team.
- Ensure user oriented design is the primary approach to product/solution development across multiple segments, based on user behaviour data and direct customer feedback
- Keep eye for technology and competitive landscape to stay ahead of the trends and competition
- Find and select talented people to scale up a great team
- Lead the development of multiple high-traffic eCommerce sites
- Deep knowledge and able to solve complex problems and support your team hands on
- In charge of product delivery, quality and architecture
- Manage projects, timelines and releases
- Interface with vendors while building the platform
- Post development, monitor and improve the web platform
Implementation and deployment:
- Collaborate with team and define IT requirement from business requirement
- Creation of architecture, wireframes, site maps and user-flows for web (mobile, if need be) applications
- Code the front-end and back-end platforms yourself
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Hands on coder at heart. You like hard problems, but know how to keep things simple.
- Would love to do more coding yourself, but accept that you can bring most value by helping others to excel.
- Should have built mid to large scale applications with modern web frameworks, ideally PHP.
- Should be able to deal with (and ideally limit) lots of complexity. Ideally should know about the complexities of eCommerce.
- Should be a fast thinker, hands on manager and strong communicator; think and act like an entrepreneur
- Should know agile. Not just from books. Should know how to do fast release cycles without compromising on quality
- Should have an outstanding university degree in a technical subject and several years of experience in a leading position
- Should be a very good communicator.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Singaporean / Permanent Resident
- Senior full-stack developer with 5+ years of experience in architecture design, product development, databases and UI/UX in consumer facing applications.
- BE/BS/B.Tech/ME/MS/MTech Computer Science degree from reputed institutes
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in teams
- Excellent recruiter to manage a team of 2-3 developers / designers / testers (over time)
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to learn and utilize emerging technologies
- Sincere passion to change the world
- Familiar with iterative and agile development processes
About DigiPasar Pte Ltd
DigiPasar is an innovative start-up, headquartered in Singapore, that introduces new technologies
and robotic solutions to provide its users a better life experience.
Currently there are two business lines:
An online search platform that would enable consumers to look for smart technology products to automate their living space including home, office and public spaces.
TechYourSpace.com would feature a wide array of smart products from IoT embedded to automated products that are energy, cost and time saving. This enables users to have a quality life experience with improved standards of safety and comfort.
A robot trading and integration business which includes service robots and educational robots.