- Equipped with expert product knowledge and compelling arguments on Hoya’s portfolio of brands, products and services.
- Maintain compelling arguments documents for Hoya products benchmarked against competitor products.
- Analyze and share relevant customer / product / industry information, prepare counter argumentation and equip the sales force with ways to respond with technical substantiation.
- Collaborate with brand managers to develop effective product communication messaging, training modules, publications (white papers, articles) and POS materials to support sales.
- Suggest and coordinate clinical research or wearer trial to facilitate new product launches and lifecycle activities.
- Provide ideas on simplified and creative ways to explain or demonstrate technical information.
- Liaise with R&D, global marketing and other cross-functional teams to deepen the technical knowledge.
- Advisory role on the positioning and commercialization of products and services.
- Develop, manage and coordinate annual professional education agenda for APAC region.
- Develop training materials and facilitate regional training cascade of new product launches.
- Manage APAC online training platform and monitor the usage and performance.
- Develop and deliver internal and external trainings.
- Improve training effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques.
- Represent Hoya as speaker at industrial events or conferences.
- Develop strong partnerships with industry education providers, KOLs, institutions, optical community and healthcare related professionals.
New Media (Devices & applications)
- Develop and implement long term and short term new media plans for APAC region.
- Plan and coordinate software updates for all New Media devices (Trueview I, Trueview Lite, HEC and Hoya Vision Simulator etc).
- Support local troubleshooting as needed.
- Involved in planning and execution of marketing and promotional activities such as exhibitions, workshops, seminars or any other events.
- Build and maintain constructive and co-operative relationships with team and other cross functional teams.
- Involved in expense budgeting and guidelines with immediate Manager and responsible for seeking prior approval for budget variations.
- Coach and mentor less experienced member as assigned.
- Any other tasks and responsibilities assigned by the management.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for communicating effectively with technical and non-technical individuals.
- Comfortable with public speaking and able to deliver a persuasive presentation.
- Self-reliant and able to multi task within short deadlines.
- Demonstrates an influential attitude and a good mentor.
- Well-organised with good administrative skills.
- Results orientated and self-motivated.
- Creative problem solver and willing to continually develop and improve.
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience.
- Bachelor in Optometry or at least 8 years of related work experience.
- Substantial technical knowledge on lenses and drive to understand the newest technology and designs.
- Strong commercial understanding of the market/industry.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge in IT is would be a benefit.
About Hoya Lens (S) Pte Ltd
HOYA Corporation is a diversified, multinational company and leading supplier of innovative and indispensable high-tech and healthcare products.
The HOYA Group comprises of 4 main regions: Europe, Americas, Asia Oceania & Japan. Hoya has over 100 subsidiaries and affiliates and over 34,000 employee worldwide.
Since its establishment as a specialty manufacturer of optical glass, HOYA has diversified its business portfolio from electronics to health care and to medical field globally. HOYA provides indispensable products to improve people´s quality of life.