The Operations team at HRT sits in the center of Algo, Core, Systems and BizDev. We play a role in everything that HRT does to create and maintain the most robust and efficient trading platform in the world. An Ops Developer might work on Ops-specific tools, take on development projects with Core or Algo, or tackle challenges facing other areas of the company. Project areas include: market access, monitoring and compliance, algo/strategy evaluation and management, performance tuning, and trading automation. Anything that would touch our globally distributed production environment is fair game!
Being an Ops Developer means working on a tight-knit, highly productive team. You’ll be in charge of designing new systems that impact the whole company, debugging mission critical software under time pressure, hacking your way through old scripts, and reviewing pull requests — all in a day’s work. We release a lot of code (usually daily, sometimes hourly!) that reaches into every department and every office at HRT. As an Ops Developer you’ll establish a deep knowledge of Python, C++, OS internals, CPU architecture, network hardware and protocol, individual market behavior, firm risk controls/risk management, algorithm design, and strategy management.
We’re looking for someone who loves technology and wants to work on a broad range of projects using whatever tool(s) best solve the problem at hand. Excellent communication is a must, along with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent design, debugging and problem solving skills
- Some experience in C++ and Python is great (not required), but good CS fundamentals and enthusiasm about learning C++ and Python is required
- Knowledge of UNIX operating systems (we use Linux), system/processor performance, and network communication
- The Profile
- You attained a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or have commensurate experience
- You are adept in at least one higher level language such as Python
- You have a working knowledge of C++ or C
- You can analyze and fix problems quickly
- You can look at code, figure out how it works, and how to make it better
- You really like to work with people who challenge you and make you better at what you do
- You have excellent communication skills and a willingness to admit mistakes
- You can make difficult decisions under time pressure
- Experience with (or a strong interest in learning!) UI Design / PyQt / HTML / CSS
- You have experience working with databases (SQL, MongoDB, Redis)
HRT is first and foremost a math and technology firm. We pride ourselves on having created a work environment that comfortably blends the laid back feeling of a dot-com, the imagination of a startup, the excitement of a trading floor and the intellectual stimulation of a think tank. This unique culture is specifically designed to foster creativity and cooperation.
We have a fun and casual office atmosphere, but everyone works diligently to get the job done. We boast a flat management structure as all our people are motivated by the excitement of being at the forefront of the automated trading world. No politics or red tape exist to impede the generation or implementation of ideas. One of our greatest values is work-life balance, so we offer our employees a wide range of benefits.
Please apply online at: http://www.hudson-trading.com/careers/job/?gh_jid=242052