Masterbulk Pte Ltd is a Singapore company engaged directly, and through its subsidiaries, associated companies, and managers, in shipowning, commercial and technical ship management. It has owned and operated a modern fleet of open hatch vessels since 1995 as part of the Bergen based Westfal-Larsen group of companies.
In September 2015, the Company outsourced its shipmanagement activities to two managers.
You will be responsible for cross-checking the validity of technical managers’ transactions and identify unusual variances in the monthly operating reports, ensure working capitals and funding for projects are sent on time to managers.
Monthly postings and reporting
· Analyse monthly financial reports generated by technical ship managers for accuracy
· Examine variances in the vessel operating expenses and over-expenditures are satisfactorily explained
· Verify the accuracy of technical ship managers’ balanced scorecard
· Maintain depreciation schedules for vessels, dry docking and other fixed assets.
Lube oil schedules for vessels
· Prepare monthly lube oil schedules using FIFO and to ensure that month-end ROB reconcile to statements received from ship Masters.
· Liaise with technical managers on resolving any disputes/queries
Cash flow monitoring
· Maintain a 12 months rolling cash forecasts of the Company for cash flow planning
· Ensure that the Company has the necessary funds on the due date of repayments
· Monitor cadets’ cash advance/slop chest and ensure timely payment of their monthly wages
· Review technical funding and suppliers’ payments are made in accordance to credit terms.
· Handle petty cash claims in line with HR policy.
· Prepare full sets of accounts, financial statements and suppliers’ payments
· Compliance with GST and tax reporting requirements
· Assist the Assistant Manager, Finance and Accounting in consolidating data for vessels annual budgeting
· Assist the Assistant Manager, Finance and Accounting in audit schedules and information requests in relation to the annual audits
· Assist the Assistant Manager, Finance and Accounting in reviewing schedules to ensure compliance with AIS reporting set by the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore
· Assist in the completion of statistical information required by the Singapore Department of Statistics
· Assist in other secretarial function as required
· Takes care of maintaining accurate fair and true records
· Maintains smooth payment of invoices
· Diploma in Accounting/ACCA level 2 or 3.
· ICDL Certification. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role.
· Shipping and ShipNet experience is preferred but not essential.
Behaviors and Other Skills:
· Extremely task-oriented, concern for getting work done on time and correctly
· Completing tasks from start to finish
· High standards of quality and accuracy
· Adheres to established guidelines and procedures
· Ability to work independently under pressure, priority setting
· Computer skills
· Communication skills