Job Position available for an Orthotic Lab Technician
my FootDr Singapore is currently recruiting for an Orthotic Lab Technician to join our organisation. We will give you the tools necessary to develop and expand your skills/experience. If you like working as an integral part of a team atmosphere and are passionate about providing the best quality service to patients, this is the position for you!
An orthotic technician provides care for patients with disabling conditions of the feet and lower limbs by assisting in the fabrication of devices known as orthotics. Under the guidance of and in consultation with podiatric practitioners, the technician fabricates orthoses according to the podiatric practitioner’s prescription, as well as patient casts and measurements to provide maximum fit, function, cosmesis and workmanship. The orthotic technician is also responsible for the repair and maintenance of orthoses and performing shoe modifications.
Training will be a combination of on the job and a week spent in Brisbane, Australia in the head training facility. You will receive instruction, education and training in the areas of anatomy, foot and lower limb pathology, terminology, measurement forms, fabrication processes, system alignment, components, materials, repair and maintenance procedures.
Salary: Training wage of $1600 SGD for the first 3 months. After the first 3 months there will be monthly increases in pay. Once proficient and fully trained pay will be $2400 SGD per month.
Duration: Full time. Monday to Friday (830am to 6pm) and every second Saturday 830am to 1pm.
Contract: minimum 2 years of service required
- Must speak English
- Singaporean and PR only
- Work well in a team environment
- Some reception duties will be required for several hours Monday to Friday
- This is a very hands on job that requires the use of several machines, various tools and equipment eg grinding machines, milling equipment and band saws
- Fabricate, alter, repair, and maintain orthotics based on medical specifications from podiatric practitioners in a timely manner
- Ensure the best possible fit, function, and cosmetics of products
- Maintain notes regarding fabrication specifications or any information specific to the specialised materials used in a production process
- Work with common orthotic and prosthetic tools, both power and hand
- Receive verbal and written instructions from qualified staff as to the production of custom orthotics
- Provide technical support services and consult with technical staff regarding types of materials and procedures needed for a desired outcome
- Proficient in the functional use of hand and power tools such as sanders, grinders, buffing and finishing tools, hand drills, heat source tools, sewing machines, appropriate bits, blades or any specific implement used with a power tool
- Knowledge in material preparation, material heating procedures, lay up procedures, vacuum formed processes and of various uses of modern high tech materials and procedures
- Knowledge of and practice in using prescribed personal protective equipment
- Must be willing to learn, possess excellent communication skills and be a team player
- Must be able to multi-task