Your friendly neighborhood BBQ joint is looking for an experienced and passionate Sous Chef to join it’s growing team.
The Sous Chef position at Camp Kilo is for someone who is immersed in the culinary field and is ready for the next challenge and raring to go! You believe in mentoring and nurturing people to their full growth and potential, while seamlessly maintaining day to day restaurant operations.
Here are some duties you will carry out:
- This is an operational position – you work daily shifts in the kitchen, giving full support to the team. Maintaining a smooth restaurant service daily presents many unexpected scenarios, and you are to use your experience and problem-solving skills to resolve this (hopefully without breaking a sweat!)
- The basics include preparing and overseeing all mise en place is completed timely, communicating specials, items to push and 86 dishes with Head Chef and restaurant FOH team, working through the days service, ensuring food going out is checked for quality control, adhering and overseeing of kitchen SOP, stock take and ordering, clean up and closing of kitchen after end of service
- Will be trained in all stations and rotate on a scheduled basis
- Work closely with the Head Chef on all areas of kitchen service and can lead in their absence
- Does stock take and orderings
- Mentor and facilitate training for team members and menu testing as needed
What you need to successfully apply:
- Experienced and have worked in various kitchens with different culinary directions
- Have some people management experience and skills
- You get joy from cooking, enjoy the hospitality and lifestyle scene, are immersed in it, believe in it and want to work to improve it – in short, you are here for the long run
- A positive problem solver with a can-do! attitude. You genuinely care for your team and guest experience and spare no expense at getting the best for both
- Understands the working of inventories, employee scheduling, budgeting, conducting trainings with team, sourcing out new suppliers etc.
- This position is open to Singaporeans only
- Able to start working immediately. This is a Full-Time position
If this is what you have been on the search for, hit that apply button and we would love to meet with you for an in-person interview!
We will only be contacting applicants who have been shortlisted – thank you for applying!
About Raw Restaurant Pte Ltd
CAMP KILO CHARCOAL CLUB
We’re a roast joint with some of the tastiest, heartiest meats in town, but we’re also an escape from the everyday, taking you away and out back. Leave the hurried pace of the city outside our camp. Here, the fire never goes out, the food keeps on coming, and the stories never end.
Camp Kilo is part of the Kilo Collective group, which encompasses Kilo Kitchen and Kilo Lounge, Singapore & Indonesia.