The role of General Technical Manager within the company will be to establish successfully and develop of the business activity in ASEAN and Europe while using his/her technical skills to provide the necessary environment for project success. As the General Technical Manager of a start-up company, you will undertake the pioneer role of building a team. The roles and responsibilities of the successful candidate encompass several functions from planning, scheduling, budgeting, leading technical teams and projects, providing technical expertise and managing the client requirements from initial concept to completion.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to work independently, and manage costs, while delivering and achieving the highest standards and quality. He or she must possess strong career and development aspiration. Would need to be someone who is comfortable dealing with all levels of organization, who can collaborate and push team members to get work done and would need to be a good team player.
We are looking for candidate with extensive experience in building structure design and a great sense of architectural sensibility.
- Develop and execute company’s strategies
- Develop business activity in Europe and ASEAN region
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective
- Oversee the company’s financial performance
- Build the company image by collaborating with customers, governmental organizations and employees.
- Build and manage a technical and managerial team.
- Manage the internal job costing in relation to the fee, services to be provided and resource allocations and requirements.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organisation standards.
- Provide technical guidance of the executives.
- Meet the client teams and gather requirements, conduct regular team meeting and track project progress.
- Lead, coach and train employees toward team concepts and foster environment for an empowered, high-performance environment.
They must have:
- At least 10 years’ experience in building structure design.
- Master degree in Civil and Structural Engineering. Candidates with an additional Master of Architecture will be preferred.
- Strong technical background with extensive track record in building structure design. Candidates familiar with steel and composite design, architectural timber design, earthquake design and PPVC design will be preferred.
- Good understanding of 3D cad and structural engineering design software packages.
- Candidates to possess systematic planning and interdisciplinary thinking.
- With a strong customer base in France, French-speaking candidates will be preferred as the position requires to liaise regularly with French customers and design control agencies.
- Knowledge of the construction industry in France would be a plus as some of the company projects are being built in France.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively with teams and clients.
- Experience in building and managing budgets.
- Competent with resource-planning.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Should be conversant with the local Building Codes and Practices.
- Potential need to work flexible hours.
Full time. Standard days are Monday to Friday.
Candidates who are interested in this job offer, please send your CV, project portfolio and your salary expectation. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
About Studio Oktoplus Pte Ltd
Studio Oktoplus Pte Ltd is a start-up company with exciting growing perspectives. Our customers are based in Europe (France) and ASEAN region. Our company is specialised in DfMA related structure design, with innovative high-tech approaches.