ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer or the standing Operations Manager, the HR Lead responsibilities include overseeing HR systems and operations, as well as designing and implementing the compensation and benefits strategy and structure that are competitive with market and aligned with
Unravel’s objectives, culture, and philosophy so as to attract and retain valued employees. You will also oversee and look into benchmarking, market intelligence and research on the industry so as to ensure that Unravel remains as one of the top choice employers.
● Recruitment: Work with business teams for recruitment of employees across functions.
These would include:
– Draft job descriptions in coordination with the business teams
– Source and recruit appropriate candidates in Singapore and in other countries either directly through means such as job portals or through recruitment agencies
– Advertise job openings on company website, social media and other job portals
– Screen incoming resumes and provide shortlist of qualified candidates to hiring managers for interviews
– Manage and coordinate the interview process and guide the business teams on selection criterion
– Prepare and send letter of employment to the successful candidates and onboard the new employees
● Compensation and Benefit Structure and Policies
– Analyse data on wages and salaries. Evaluate the competitiveness of the organisation’s pay structure against the industry and assess how the organisation can improve its practices or policies
– Design salary bands across levels and functions as indicative guidelines for the management
– Design pay-for-performance plans, which include guidelines for bonuses and incentive pay.
– Design and review the company’s employee benefits program, which include staff health and medical insurance programme, selecting benefits vendors and oversee the enrolment and renewal of these policies
● HR Policies and Procedures:
– Draft HR policies and communicate the policies, procedures and/or changes as necessary
– Respond to inquiries regarding policies and procedures
● Reporting: Monitor and report to the management key HR metrics including payroll, manpower cost and budget variance analysis, headcount reports, etc
● Culture and Engagement
– To work closely with stakeholders in promoting a high-performance culture for the organisation – identify, engage, reward and retain top talent
– Oversee the engagement activities to build employee morale and increase productivity within the organisation
– Oversee employer branding and HR communication within the organisation
● Act as a consultative role on all HR matters to enable and support organizational effectiveness and accountability
– Work experience with startups and high growth organisations preferred
– Prior experience in compensation and benefits structure design and management
– Working knowledge of job evaluation and job analysis systems
– Solid understanding of current labour rules and regulations
– Familiarity with various types of incentives and benefits
– Extensive knowledge of HR systems and Microsoft Office
– Ability to work under pressure and tough deadlines
– Strong written and oral communication skills
YOUR WORK STYLE
– Analytical and detail-oriented, and fully capable of navigating and combining various data points to pull out key insights and set actions
– Self -starter (proactive and independent) with an ability to prioritise different assignments and tasks to meet deadlines
– Comfortable working in a collaborative environment
– Eager to think outside of the box and creatively problem-solve
– High personal resilience and positive attitude in challenging situation
– Strategic mind-set and the ability to thrive in ambiguity
– Effective interpersonal skills, hands-on, easily approachable and pleasant personality
YOUR PREFERRED BACKGROUND
A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration, minimum 5 years of working experience within Human Resources
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We offer an exciting challenge for a purpose-driven person who thoroughly enjoys learning and takes up responsibilities in a multi-cultural, semi virtual, and pioneering organisation.
As the first member of the Human Resource team, you will have the unique opportunity to shape the future of the organisation along with the management thereby providing significant growth and learning opportunities as the business and team scales.
We nurture a culture that allows you to thrive, where your skills can be honed and your ideas will be heard, and where collaboration across teams and with global partners is the default.
About Unravel Carbon Pte Ltd
Unravel Carbon is an enterprise software that helps companies track and reduce their carbon emissions, focusing on Asia, based in Singapore.
It is the first AI-powered decarbonization platform in Asia that converts any company’s accounting data into full supply chain carbon data in seconds, generates climate solutions automatically and auto-populates regulatory disclosure reports.
We aim to accelerate the participation of all companies, big and small, in the global fight against climate change. And we want to do it the 21st century way—autonomous, painless, and beautiful.
Unravel consists of a team of software engineers, data scientists, founders and climate experts with a passion to solve the world’s most pressing issue—climate change. Collectively, our leadership team has launched and invested in multiple companies, and are now combining their experience and knowledge here at Unravel.
We are backed by some of the world’s best funds and investors such as Y Combinator, Sequoia, Alpha JWC, Rebel Fund and Bradley Horowitz.
Unravel was founded in Q4/2021 with headquarters in Singapore.